Asian-Style Pork Burgers

I was totally at a loss about what to make tonight. I had a short list of recipes for this week, but as I prepared to go to the grocery, I went back to the 'to try' file and looked for something easy and fast. I had this burger in there for a while now and I never made it because I thought it would be too plain. I am so happy that I was so very wrong! It was simplicity incarnate! All I needed to so was slice, grate, mix, cook and... ambrosia! The consensus around the table was a 4.5 out of 5. Keep in mind we have become a bit snobby about food in general much less burgers! We were all pretty happily surprised by how tasty this was. This recipe was from Food & Wine magazine and they haven't steered me wrong... well ever is a bit of an exaggeration but 95% of the time their recipes are winners in my family. I followed the recipe pretty much to a tee except for the rice wine vinegar. I like the roasted garlic version of it. (Oh and I mixed up the sriracha and mayo to the spice level we liked and put that on the top and bottom buns) The only other change I would make in the future is the amount of coleslaw. We split the 2 cups between 3 of us. (the 3 yr old had it left off hers:) I would have liked a tad more than I had and I had 1/3 of the slaw; that’s more slaw than the 1/4 it would have had.


Asian-Style Pork Burgers

1 1/2 Lb ground pork
2 scallions thinly sliced
1 Tbl finely grated fresh ginger
1 large garlic clove minced
1 1/2 Tsp Asian sesame oil
 Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 hamburger buns split
2 Cup coleslaw mix
2 Tsp rice vinegar (I used roasted garlic rice wine vinegar)
1 Tsp soy sauce

1. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large bowl, mix the pork
with the scallions, ginger, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil, 2
teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Form the meat into
four 3/4-inch thick patties.
2. Grill the burgers, turning once, until cooked through, about 8
minutes. Lightly toast the buns on the grill.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with the rice
vinegar, soy sauce and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil. Season
with salt and pepper. Set the burgers on the buns, top with the slaw and
serve.

Serve With Sriracha and mayonnaise.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce