Mosaic Pasta

For meatless Monday, I turned to a awesome little book my MIL gave me: Sauces for Pasta.  This one jumped out at me because it said not for people counting calories.  My MIL had just left after a lovely "staycation" and we had eaten decadent foods all weekend and I thought well hell we can can be healthy tomorrow;). The title given this dish in the book is the uninspired moniker, Red, Yellow and Green sauce.  UGH!  I toyed with calling it traffic light pasta, but when I was cooking it I said look how pretty, it looks like a Mosaic, and unless I was willing to put on my thinking cap, that was a good a name as I was going to get.  (note I did NOT put on my thinking cap;)  Yes this recipe was rich, but man was it tasty.  It was rather easy to throw together too.

  
Mosaic Pasta
 
Sauce
1/4 Cups Butter
3/4 Cups Peas (frozen and thawed or fresh)
1 Large Yellow Bell Peppers, Diced
1 1/2 Cups Cream
1/2 Pounds Plum Tomato Peeled And Diced
Pasta And Topping
3/4 Pounds Rotini Ziti Or Farfelle
1/4 Cups Butter
1/2 Cups Parmesan Grated

Melt the 1/4 cup of butter in a large skillet.  Add the peppers and the
peas and  saute for about 3 minutes.  Add the cream and cook until the
sauce has reduced by about one quarter.  Add the tomatoes and cook for
ten minutes.  (7 minutes out) Cook the pasta until just al dente and
drain.  Pour the pasta in to a warmed serving bowl and add the remaining
1/4 cup of butter (room temp is helpful) and the cheese.  Toss to mix
and pour the sauce over and mix.  Serve immediately.



Not the best picture but this was the "mosaic"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce