One-Step No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream

Well it is Valentine's Day and for my darling husband, I made ice cream.  I don't make a lot of sweets, but I heard this recipe on NPR  and thought it sounded yummy and easy.  It was super easy and amazingly tasty!  I had to sample some before my husband got home, for quality control purposes only I assure you.  OMG!  Heavenly!  I am already thinking of cocoa powder and Chambord for the next one:).  I was a little too gentle in my folding and I noticed a few spots that weren't coffee colored and correspondingly, those parts weren't quite the right texture.  When my husband tried it, he was amazed by the consistency.  MAKE THIS!  Oh one more note, I used the over proof Kahlua (Midnight at 70 proof) because the regular Kahlua was a lower proof and at only 2 tbsp I wanted to make sure that the alcohol content was high enough to prevent the ice cream from freezing solid.



One-Step No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream

2/3 Cup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbl instant espresso powder
2 Tbl espresso liqueur
1 1/4 Cup heavy cream
1 -pint airtight container

Put the condensed milk in a bowl and stir in the espresso powder and
liqueur. In a separate bowl whisk the cream until it reaches soft peaks.
Fold the cream into the condensed milk mixture, then pour this gorgeous,
caffe-latte colored, airy mixture into an airtight container and freeze
for 6 hours or overnight.
Serve straight from the freezer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce