Sriracha Bloody Mary

For me, a Bloody Mary isn't just a drink, it is an appetizer!  I love to load it up with all kinds of nibbles: olives, salami, cheese cubes, shrimp, and any pickled veggie!  I did use some restraint tonight as we were about to have dinner and the cocktail is filling by itself!  I think of it sometimes as meal replacement shake;).  Now I adore Sriracha, but I haven't ever had a 'recipe' to follow for it's use in a Bloody Mary before. If you haven't had Sriracha, stop reading right now and go out and buy some!  There is a picture at the end of the post.   I have no idea where I found this recipe and recent googling didn't find me this particular recipe however there are plenty of others out there.  The only changes I made: a splash of soy sauce instead of salt, omitting the large caper berries as I had none, omitting celery because I don't like it, and adding pickles and olives.

  
Sriracha Bloody Mary

4 Cup tomato juice
3/4 Cup vodka
1 Tbl fresh lemon juice
2 Tsp prepared horseradish
1 Tsp Sriracha
1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 Tsp celery seed
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 large caper berries
4 pickled onions
4 tender celery stalks leaves attached

1. In a large pitcher, mix the tomato juice with the vodka, lemon juice,
horseradish, Sriracha, Worcestershire sauce and celery seed and season
with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
2. Thread a caper berry and a pickled onion on each of four toothpicks.
Fill glasses with ice and add the Bloody Mary. Garnish each drink with a
celery stalk, a caper berry-onion toothpick and serve.



Sriracha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce