Spicy Pork Po Boys

I made this because I thought my husband would really dig it, but I gotta say I really liked it too!   If I were going to criticize anything, I would be that the bread I got was a bit too bulky.  I love a baguette but maybe if I had scooped it I would have liked it a bit better. (Or at least it wouldn't be so filling and we could have eaten more;)  Not really complaining.  It was wonderful but planning ahead for the next time I make it.   My husband pointed out that when we make something with ground pork, we seem to really like it. (However if you don't eat pork, some ground turkey could work. Make sure it isn't only turkey breast).  It was spicy, but not too spicy.  We splashed some hot sauce on them and they were just the right amount if heat.


Spicy Pork Po'boys

1 1/2 Lb ground pork
1 1/2 Tsp paprika
1 1/4 Tsp dried thyme
3/4 Tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 Tsp garlic powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 Cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tbl Dijon mustard
2 medium kosher dill pickles very finely chopped
1/2 small shallot minced
Four 8-inch soft baguettes split
2 Cup shredded iceberg lettuce
2 tomatoes thinly sliced
Hot sauce for serving
1. Preheat a grill pan. In a large bowl, using your hands, mix the
ground pork with the paprika, thyme, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, 1
1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Form the
pork into twelve 1/2-inch-thick patties. Grill the pork patties over
moderate heat, turning once, until they are cooked through, about 8
minutes total.
2. Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise with the Dijon mustard, pickles and
shallot and season with salt and pepper. Spread the mayonnaise on both
sides of the baguettes.
3. Place 3 pork patties on the bottom of each baguette and top with the
lettuce, tomato and a few splashes of hot sauce. Close the sandwiches
and serve.





Comments

  1. Oh man I love Po' Boys! This look soooo good, can't wait to try!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce