Bucatini With Pancetta, Pecorino And Pepper


At first, I was thinking this was a bit plain because of its simplicity, but the boys loved it!  I had gone light on the pepper since the three year old can be picky.  Once I added a few grinds of pepper, it really began to grow on me. I started it out as a 3 but we ended up at a 4. It doesn't reheat too well and it's pretty rich, so I would say this makes 6 servings with a salad.  I think I still think of it as a 3.75 but considering how much the boys enjoyed it, I rounded it up to a 4.




Bucatini With Pancetta, Pecorino And Pepper

1 Lb bucatini perciatelli or thick spaghetti
2 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
5 ounces pancetta sliced 1/2 inch thick and cut into 1-inc
1 1/4 Cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano plus more for serving
1 Tsp freshly ground pepper
Salt

1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the pancetta
pieces and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the meat is
lightly browned and most of the fat is rendered, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the bucatini to the skillet and toss over moderate heat to coat
with the fat and pancetta. Add 3/4 cup of the reserved cooking water,
the 1 1/4 cups of Pecorino cheese and the pepper and season with salt.
Toss the pasta until the sauce becomes very thick and creamy, 2 to 3
minutes; add more of the cooking water if necessary. Serve immediately,
passing additional cheese at the table.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce