Linguine With Shrimp And Creamy Roasted Tomatoes

I kind if have mixed reviews for this one. It was very tasty, but the tough tomato skins were an unpleasant texture. On the plus side, it was fast and easy except for peeling the shrimp and cutting them in half.  My son said 4 and 1/2 stars and tore through it. My 3 year old happily ate a bowlful too.  My dad liked it and, despite my issue with the skins, I liked it a lot.  I am not saying don't make it, its good, but I think I have hit that point where it hard for me to be excited about any dish that wasn't a wow.  Another good thing about this recipe, is that it illustrates why I want to cook a new recipe every day.  (besides my obsessive nature:)  I have roasted tomatoes before,  (The thing that comes to mind is a pizza topping) but not for a pasta sauce.  (although that isn't unheard of)  I have made made seafood with cream sauce, but always sauteed the seafood first.  This recipe has the shrimp cook quickly in the cream and they came out great.  I now have more information/experience next time I cook off the cuff and clean out the fridge.


Linguine With Shrimp And Creamy Roasted Tomatoes
 
1 1/2 Cup grape tomatoes
1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tsp thyme leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
3/4 Lb linguine
1 Cup heavy cream
3/4 Lb large shrimp—shelled deveined and halved lengthwise
2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 Tbl coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 375. In a large ovenproof skillet, toss the
tomatoes with the olive oil and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
Roast the tomatoes for about 25 minutes, until starting to brown and
their skins split.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine
until al dente; drain.
3. Add the cream to the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook over
moderate heat, gently crushing the tomatoes, until the cream thickens
slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and simmer over moderate heat
until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add
the linguine to the skillet along with the lemon juice and toss over low
heat until the pasta is coated, about 1 minute. Add the lemon zest and
parsley and toss. Transfer the pasta to warm bowls and serve at once.
Make Ahead The roasted tomatoes can be refrigerated overnight.


                                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce