Boozy Slow Cooker French Dips

On the way back from dropping my boy and his friend at my MIL, we went through my pins on Pinterest, and my husband picked several recipes; this was one of them.  I did make some changes to the original recipe. Mostly because the jus left in the crockpot, while a good start, wasn't very flavorful. First i strained out the onions to use in the sandwich. After I removed the fat from the jus with a separator, I pot it in a pot and boiled it to reduce. I also added about a teaspoon of 'Better than Bouillon' mushroom base. Then when I took it off the heat, I added a splash more whiskey so it would still taste 'boozy'


Boozy Slow-Cooker French Dips
 

2 Lb beef roast
3 Tbl dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 beer of your choice  (we had Yuengling)
1 large yellow onion sliced
2 Tbl whiskey (I used Maker’s Mark)
2 Clove garlic smashed
1 Cup beef stock
2 french baguettes sliced in half and cut into sandwich-size
1 tsp better than bouillon mushroom base
Provolone Cheese

1. Sprinkle your roast with salt and pepper, then lightly rub the
mustard into the meat on all sides.
2. Place roast in a crock pot. Add beer, onions, whiskey, garlic, and
beef stock to the crock pot (just pour the liquids right over the roast!)
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. Pull roast out of crock pot and let it rest on a cutting board. While
meat is resting, pour the rest of the crockpot through a strainer.  Set the onions aside and skim off the fat from the liquid. (I used a fat separator)  Add the mushroom base to the liquid and boil until reduced a bit.
4. Shred the roast beef and pile it between two baguette halves. Add onions as you like
Ladle up a cup of reduced liquid to dip each sandwich in.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce