Chicken Gyro

Well, I have found myself going to the grocery almost every day!  And, while I seem to spend more with that plan of attack, I waste less. Tonight's dinner is a perfect case in point. I had bought plain, full fat yogurt for the lassi I plan on making, but it only came in a huge portion. I used it for last night's shawarma, tonight's gyro and still have enough to make my lassi once the mango is perfectly ripe.   We liked tonight's dinner, but we all agreed it was only a 3.5.  To be fair, we all did think most people we know would rate it higher, but that was our impression.  It was pretty easy to make.  The only issue we had was that the chicken exuded a lot of liquid when cooking and it took longer to brown than we expected.  We also added shredded lettuce to the dish.  I found this on pinterest, and I'm not sure if the site it is from is a blogger or not, so I am erring on the side of caution and treating it like it is from a blogger and providing the link, rather than the recipe.



Chicken Gyros
 
Tzatziki sauce:
plain Greek yogurt
cucumber
minced garlic
white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
fresh lemon juice
Extra virgin olive oil
For the chicken:
garlic
lemon juice
red wine vinegar
extra virgin olive oil
plain Greek yogurt
dried oregano
Salt and pepper
chicken breasts
ITo assemble:
Pita bread
Fresh tomatoes
Red onion


Recipe and directions here





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce