Soy-Sriracha Pork Loin


I couldn't find where I got this recipe from, so I can't provide a link, and I'm kind of glad because it was pretty bad!!  I knew it was going to have problems. (Tenderloin in a crockpot is not the best way to cook that piece of meat!). However, I was blinded by the word Sriracha!  I added a lot more brown sugar in the reduction stage, but it was still really spicy. I think it could be better with some fresh ginger, and the sauce tweaked. I also would use a cheaper cut if meat that would add some fat and flavor to the sauce.  I want to say one star, but I will round up and give it 2.



Soy-Sriracha Pork Loin

1 Tbl chopped garlic
1/2 Tbl brown sugar
1/4 Cup soy sauce
1/3 Cup sriracha
1/2 Cup chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 Tsp honey
2 Tbl chopped green onions
1 Lb  1 lb of pork loin (I cut a two -pounder in half)
rub pork loin with garlic and brown sugar. (I mixed these together first)
add soy sauce, honey, green onion, and sriracha to a sauce pan.  mix
together and heat on medium until warm.
place pork loin fat side down in slow cooker.  pour soy-sriracha
mixture over the meat.  .  cook on low for
6-7 hours.
gently remove meat from slow cooker, at this point it should fall apart
pretty easily.
strain braising liquid and reduce in a sauce pan (approximately half
it's volume).  add honey or a little more brown sugar if you want your
sauce a bit sweeter.
pour sauce over pork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce