Sausage Burgers with Sriracha Honey Mustard Sauce

I had 4 hamburger buns from Sunday, so it would be wasteful of me to not make burgers again right??  So I had my boy browse my Pinterest burger board, and he picked this one. GOOD CHOICE!  I thought it sounded like it had possibilities, and its totally in my husband's wheelhouse, so I was pretty sure everyone would like it. The boy rated it the lowest at 3.5 stars. My husband hates to give up a, 5 but that was what he was thinking. (He ate two after all;). I was thinking 4-4.5 for the rating, so 4.5 it is. The sriracha honey mustard was really great!  I think it important to have good mustards.  I made my own coleslaw, but didn't measure anything: just some mayo, white wine vinegar, celery seed, salt, pepper and maybe some garlic. (I can't remember)  On the plus side, fast easy, and amazing; on the down side, not exactly diet or healthy.



 Sausage Burgers with Sriracha-Honey-Mustard Sauce
1 1/2 pounds ground pork
1 1/2 pounds sweet and hot Italian sausage, casings removed
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons Sriracha
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
8 burger buns, split and toasted
Mayonnaise, coleslaw and pickles
  1. In a bowl, combine the ground pork with the sausage meat and form into eight 4-inch patties about 3/4 inch thick.
  2. In a saucepan, combine the honey, Sriracha and both mustards and bring to a boil. Simmer until a slightly glossy sauce forms, 3 minutes; reserve half in a bowl for serving.
  3. Light a grill and oil the grates. Grill the burgers over moderately high heat for 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and barely cooked through; brush with the sauce and grill, turning and brushing, until cooked through and glazed, about 5 minutes longer.
  4. Spread the bottom buns with mayonnaise and top with the burgers. Spoon a little of the reserved sauce on top, followed by coleslaw and pickles. Close the burgers and serve.
Make Ahead The uncooked sausage burgers can be refrigerated overnight. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce