Spaghetti Squash Cakes

For our meatless Monday, I thought we would try these Spaghetti Squash Cakes. I had plenty of egg whites in the freezer and a spaghetti squash from Front Porch Pickings.  (Whenever a recipe calls for an egg yolk, I freeze the whites individually). We thought these were alright; nothing a good dose of fat and salt couldn't cure, actually, was our estimation. ;)  All joking aside, for the amount of calories you get, these were great, I think they would be an amazing substitute for English muffins in eggs Benedict. Now, I know, that is seriously upping the calories and fat, but the squash cakes would be seriously lowering the calories of the Benedict;).  We didn't dislike them, but there was no wow factor on the taste buds.  If I were going on just taste, I would give them a 2.5-3 but as they are so low calorie, they get a 3.

Spaghetti Squash Cake

 
2 egg whites
¼ cup whole wheat flour (30g)
2-3 cloves of garlic
About 1 ½ cups of cooked spaghetti squash
About ¼ cup finely diced red pepper
About ¼ cup finely diced green pepper
About ¼ cup finely diced sweet onion
Salt & Pepper
Non-stick olive oil cooking spray

Recipe and instructions and nutritional information here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce