Linguine With Butter, Pecorino, Arugula And Black Pepper

Looking through my meatless recipes for tonight's Meatless Monday dinner, I decided to try this pasta dish I have been looking at and putting off because it is just so simple, I was afraid we wouldn't enjoy it as much as some if the more complicated dishes. I was right and wrong. We all liked it a lot, but we didn't adore it. I did make one change. The original recipe called for only one cup of arugula, I doubled that and used 2 cups.  Personally I think I would like even more, but two cups were a pretty good amount.  It was strong on the black pepper flavor which was nice, as everything else in the dish (well except the arugula) was in the plain side. Oh the plus side, fast and easy. Down side not an omg dish. I liked it better than some dishes I have rated a 3.5 but that's still what I'm going with.



Linguine With Butter, Pecorino, Arugula And Black Pepper

Salt
1 Lb linguine
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) butter room temperature
1 1/4 Cup very finely grated Pecorino Romano
1 1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Cup coarsely chopped arugula
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the
linguine and cook until it is al dente, stirring frequently, about 8
minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Immediately toss the hot pasta in a large bowl with the butter to coat.
While tossing the linguine, gradually sprinkle the cheese, pepper, and
enough of the reserved cooking liquid evenly over the linguine to
moisten. Add the arugula and toss to combine. Season the pasta, to taste,
    with salt. Divide the pasta among 6 plates and serve.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce