Mustard-Crusted Salmon With Red Potatoes

My boy loves salmon!  He choose this recipe for dinner tonight and he loved it!  I am putting it in the fixable file. Why?  Well there was a ton of mustard to salmon ratio.  I think next time I would like whole grain mustard with the English powdered mustard I have. The recipe just says powered mustard, and perhaps the strong horseradish flavor in the English mustard coupled with the Dijon was what made it sinus cleaning!  :0. Once I scraped the mustard off the little girl's portion, she liked it. I ate my bites with the potatoes to help cut the mustard. (Giggle) The potatoes were another issue. I cooked them at least twice as long as recommended and they still were not done. I even bought the small "two bite" red potatoes and quartered those. Also, the crust didn't brown in the time allotted, so I turned on the broiler.  So, while not terrible, I think it could be fixed.  I liked this Salmon with Whole Grain Mustard much better.  The only think I think I liked better on this was the panko crust, but I wouldn't add it to the better recipe.  It is just awesome the way it is.


Mustard-Crusted Salmon With Red Potatoes

1 Lb (500 g.) red-skinned potatoes quartered
2 Tbs. olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 Cup (2 oz./60 g.) Dijon mustard
2 Tbs. dry mustard
4 salmon fillets about 6 oz. (185 g.) each, skin removed
4 Tbs. (1 oz./15 g.) panko or fresh bread crumbs
1/4 Cup (1/2 oz./15 g.) chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a large roasting
pan, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and season with salt and
pepper. Spread the potatoes evenly in the pan. Roast until the potatoes
are golden, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the Dijon and dry mustards.
Coat one side of the salmon fillets with the mustard mixture, then
sprinkle evenly with the panko, gently pressing to adhere.
Arrange the fillets in the pan, breaded side up, next to the potatoes.
Bake until the fillets are barely opaque, the topping is golden brown,
and the potatoes are tender, 15-18 minutes. Arrange the salmon fillets
alongside the potatoes on a platter or individual plates, sprinkle with
the parsley and serve. Serves 4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce