Original V-8 Recipe

Another week in the summer that I haven't been able to blog, so I share with you my favorite of all the juices we have made so far, this "Original V-8 Recipe".  I know it can't be exactly like V8 for several reasons, not the least of which is that V8 has watercress in it or that it doesn't taste the same, but still really great!  I often up the amount of spinach; it still tastes good but looks very green. The picture is made the way the recipe says to.  I also like to add a splash of soy sauce for salt and a squirt of sriracha for some heat.  The glass pictured is less than half of what the recipe makes.  I either split it with my husband or drink it when I am hungry and have a lot of room.  You can refrigerate it for later, but the color looked unpleasant to me after some time in the fridge.



Original V-8 Recipe
 
Carrots - 2 large (7-1/4" to 8-/1/2" long)
Celery - 3 stalk large (11"-12" long)
Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber (8-1/4")
Parsley - 2 handful
Pepper (sweet green) - 1/2 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia)
Spinach - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 3 medium whole (2-3/5" dia)

Process all ingredients in a juicer, shake or stir and serve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce