Pasta alla Bambina

Ok so it is the kids first day back to school and its meatless Monday. I did not have the mimosa in the driveway moment after they were off to school that I was dreaming about so I was feeling less than motivated when it came to dinner. I also want to toss everything in the fridge and start over as back to school is like New Year's Day to me.  In the end, I focused on the ricotta I needed to use. I'm sure this dish has been done a thousand times over, but I don't think I have ever made anything similar. (Other than lasagna). I decided today was the perfect day to bust out the pricy, all natural, marinara I buy bogo for just such an occasion. So, that + ricotta was the start of the dish. I had angel hair on hand do I called it a dish and skipped the grocery. The ricotta would need at least salt. I decided to add that in the form if Parmesan. So, any tired moms, bad day having, or slackers, this is a dish for you! Fast, easy and zero work!  Oh and I called it pasta alla Bambina because the little girl adored it. I also could have named it for the boy as he ate 2 huge portions in record time:).

Pasta alla Bambina

24 oz marinara sauce
2/3 cup ricotta
1/4 cup Parmesan
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1 lb box angel hair pasta (you could use any but angel hair cooks the fastest)

Set a pot of salted water on to boil. In another pot, add the rest of the ingredients (well not the pasta!  thats what the water is for giggle!) and heat over medium low.  Stir well to mix thoroughly. When the water starts to boil, turn the heat on the sauce to medium. Add the pasta to the water and cook according to instructions. Stir the sauce occasionally while the pasta cooks. Drain pasta and toss in the sauce. (Use one of the pots you already dirtied. I used the pasta pot as it was the larger of the 2). Top with more Parmesan if desired.





Comments

  1. Sounds delicious and simple! Perfect for a quick pasta night :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce