London Broil With Crash Potatoes

I haven't made this marinade in years.  It came to me from a former manager of a Steak and Ale that was, then, working with my husband. They had used it on some steaks the cooked for an employee  cookout. I tried the steaks, loved them because they were tender and flavorful, and asked for the recipe. The funny thing was that my husband told me later the reasons the employees got steaks at the cookout, is they were being taken off the menu because of too many complaints of toughness. Now I guess it could be true I got the rare tender one in the bunch but I think it was the marinade. These particular steaks at the cookout were marinated for 3 days. I would only do that for really tough cuts of meat. I did this London broil for about 24 hours. The ends tasted to salty and too much like the marinade, but most of it was just right. I did not salt the meat at all.  I cooked it like I do my steaks (under the broiler) I just increased the time a bit and gave it a few minutes in the oven that was still hot but I had turned off the broiler.



Steak N Ale Marinade

3 parts pineapple juice
2 parts soy
1 part red wine vinegar
1 part red wine
granulated garlic

Mix all ingredients and cover meat with marinade.  Marinate overnight (or longer for tougher cuts of meat)

 

Ingredients

12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Kosher Salt To Taste
Black Pepper To Taste
Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) To Taste

 Instructions

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Posted by on June 2 2008



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce