Chuy's Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Recipe

I have been seeing that Chuys fan's are truly fanatics.  I first noticed it on pinterest, and after that, it seemed to be every where.  (it is a valid psychological phenomenon)  A few weekends back, when were in Orlando for the Party for the Senses, I took the kids to dinner at Chuys, just to see what the fuss was all about.  I did really enjoy my meal, which was this recipe.  The star of the meal was the creamy jalapeno sauce, we had with the chips, I will be trying that one soon.  I didn't start with it because looking for that recipe, I found many versions, and this recipe is supposed to be from the restaurant itself.  If you click on the title and go to the original post, there is a video too.  I did like this.  It wasn't just like the restaurant because it was nowhere as hot, but I seeded my peppers and bought mild roasted green chiles.  I figured erring on the side of caution was better.  I was a little aghast to see so much processed cheese in it, but usually American cheese can't be substituted in sauces without texture issues.  We all liked the sauce, a lot and are a little embarrassed about that;).  My husband, who loathes American cheese the way I loathe yellow mustard, was positively annoyed he liked it so much.  this makes a ton of sauce.  We used as much a possible, and we only used half.  It was very easy too.  The only issue you may have is if you don't have a kitchen scale.  Everything but the lime juice needs to be weighed. 


Chuy's Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Recipe

10 corn tortillas
1 1/4 Lb cooked roasted chicken
1/2 Cup vegetable broth
1/4 Cup water
1/4 Tbl each salt and pepper
3/4 Lb roasted green chilies
2 Oz tomatillos
1 1/2 Oz cilantro
1 Oz green onions
3/4 Oz minced serrano peppers
1/2 Oz lime juice
1 1/4 Lb American cheese
additional mixed shredded cheese for topping

In a saucepan, add vegetable broth, water and spices and place over a
medium to high flame. Using a food processor, puree roasted green
chilies, tomatillos, cilantro, green onions, serranos and lime juice.

Add to saucepan, stirring in well. Bring mixture to a slow boil. Lower
flame and slowly add American cheese, whipping as needed to remove
clumps and make sure it doesnt stick to the bottom. When the cheese is
melted and mixed, remove from heat. Yields 1 Quart.

To make enchiladas, fill a corn tortilla with 2 ounces of cooked,
roasted chicken. Roll up and place in a baking pan. Top with mixed
cheese, as needed. Warm in a hot oven for 4 minutes, until cheese is
melted. Top with Boom-Boom Sauce.

the enchiladas out of the oven

after saucing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce