Sriracha-Buttered Shrimp

It was like eating the fires of hell!  And, I only used half the amount of sriracha (that would be 3 tablespoons!) called for here.  I halved the recipe because it just made good sense and because some of the reviews said it was spicy.  One reviewer said she thought it was a typo, but BON APPÉTIT responded it was correct.  I can't see how.  I like spice, we all like spice, but we all were unhappy with the heat level.  I think the reviewer's suggestion to switch the amounts (or at least the proportions) would result in a superior dish.  I didn't have head on shrimp, but unless those shrimp heads had the magical ability to remove capsasin from the dish, I don't see how that significantly altered the dish.  At least it was easy :/.  So this is "fixable" but I doubt I will try.



Sriracha-Buttered Shrimp

2 Tbl butter
6 Tbl Sriracha
3 Cloves minced garlic
1 Lb head-on shrimp
1 Tbl lemon zest
2 Tbl minced fresh mint
2 Tbl minced fresh basil

Whip butter with Sriracha and melt in skillet.

Saut minced garlic in it and toss in shrimp. Just before they're done,
add lemon zest and mint and basil and let them wilt.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce