Cheesecake Cookies

Ok, I didn't pick the dessert this time, my husband did.  I don't like a recipe that starts with a box of anything.  The fact it said half a box was annoying too.  I doubled the recipe so I used the whole thing.  I also melted some currant jelly to fill some of the cookies rather than make them all caramel.  Despite my distrust of the box and my somewhat indifferent attitude towards sweets, I liked these.  The rest of the family, who do not share my prejudice, loved them. 



1/2 a Box of White Cake Mix
1 Egg
4 oz. Cream Cheese
2 tbsp. Melted Butter
1 Cup Caramel Sauce
1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs

A cupcake pan

In a medium bowl mix together the Cake mix, melted butter, egg & cream cheese.  use a spoon to really smear it and blend it well into a dough-like consistency!
Scoop some batter into a cupcake pan .about 1/4 the way up the sides…
Bake them at 350 for about 15 minutes, just until they’re firm.
While they’re warm, indent them with something smaller than they are to form a cookie cup…
Let them cool and then rub some water (or melted butter) lightly around the rim of the cookie cup and dip it into some Graham Cracker Crumbs

http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/09/cheesecake-cookies.html

I made my caramel sauce:
In a saucepan, cover an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk with water. Simmer for 3 (I did mine 4)  hours, adding water as necessary to keep the can submerged in the water


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce