Corned Beef Hash with Fried Eggs

My faithful readers will know I kind of dig breakfast for dinner.  (embarrassingly I just realized the last post was a breakfast for dinner one.  The perils of not keeping up with the blog)  Not only do I love how quick they are, but I adore a runny yolk :).  My boys adored this. I only had one complaint, I would have chopped the corned beef finer. The potatoes cooked down into almost mashed potato like consistency and the chunks of beef were texturally not perfect. ( at least for me. The boys didn't complain:). I am nit picking again.  I bought thick slices of corned beef from the deli, and that did make the meal a little pricier than if I was using leftover corned beef. 



Corned Beef Hash with Fried Eggs

!1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 baking potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds cooked corned beef, fat trimmed and meat cut into 1/2-inch dice
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce, plus more for serving
6 large eggs
Snipped chives, for serving

1. In a very large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil. Add the potatoes and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes.

2. Add the onion and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the corned beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of hot sauce and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is very thick, about 15 minutes.

3. In another large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry sunny-side up or over-easy. Spoon the hash onto plates and top with the eggs. Sprinkle with chives and serve right away.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce