Korean-inspired Burgers with Kimchi and Sriracha Mayo

I neglected to save the address for this burger, so my apologies to the blogger for not being able to send readers to their site for the recipe.  The burgers were good, but I thought missing something.  I decided it was the Swiss cheese I bought for this, but isn't in the recipe, and so was left off when I did the actual cooking.   Despite the feeling it was missing something, it was still pretty good.  Best thing about this recipe is that my son, a very vocal kimchi hater, loved it and had no idea there was kimchi in it and I got to say I told you so:).


Korean-inspired Burgers with Kimchi and Sriracha Mayo


KIMCHI REUBEN BURGERS

1 1/2  pounds ground beef
4 cloves garlic, minced
about 2 inches fresh ginger,  grated with a microplane
1 teaspoon sriracha
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh black pepper to taste
1 cup kimchi, divided

SRIRACHA MAYO

1/3 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade

1-3 teaspoons sriracha, depending how spicy you like it

Hand-mix all the ingredients but the kimchi. Take 1/4 cup of the kimchi and chop it finely, reserving the rest for topping each burger. Mix the chopped quarter cup into the burger mixture, and form patties to the size and shape of your choice (I made about 6 medium burgers).


Heat your grill as you usually would and cook to desired rareness/doneness.  Let rest, then top with remaining kimchi and a nice schmear of sriracha mayo.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce