Bacon and Egg Pizza

I know I have been neglecting the blog.  Partly, I've lost momentum on new recipes, partly, it's because I have had a proper job for the last 8 months, and partly because I just don't want the extra fuss at dinner time.  If I do make a new recipe, I'll post it here, but I'm not shooting for more than one a week.  I also want to re do the look and organization of the blog. We will see how much I actually get done ;).  In the mean time we had this pizza tonight.  I think I liked it best, but everyone enjoyed it.

 
6 ounces thick-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch lardons
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon heavy cream
Kosher salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
All-purpose flour, for dusting
1 pound pizza dough
1/3 cup crème fraîche
3 ounces Brie, thinly sliced (with rind, if desired)
2 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded

Snipped chives, for garnish
1. Set a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°. Spread the bacon in a pie plate and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once, until nearly crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.

2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream and a pinch of salt. In a medium nonstick skillet, cook the eggs and 1 tablespoon of the butter over low heat, whisking frequently, until small curds form and the eggs are creamy, about 12 minutes. Remove the eggs from the heat. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and season with salt.

3. On a lightly floured work surface, stretch out the pizza dough to a 12-inch round and transfer to a lightly floured pizza peel. Spread the crème fraîche evenly over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Top with the crispy bacon, Brie and mozzarella.

4. Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 7 minutes, until lightly golden and bubbling. Remove the pizza from the oven and spoon the scrambled eggs on top. Slide the pizza back onto the stone and bake for 2 minutes longer, until the eggs are hot. Garnish with chives, cut into wedges and serve.


http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/bacon-and-egg-pizza



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce