Snapper with Spicy Crab and Andouille Sauce

Well the husband is a raving lunatic about this dish!  Best I've ever had, fish dish, meal ever!!  This is it the recipe to end all recipes.  Well at least according to him it is.  My husband was in charge of the grocery shopping.  He was shopping for the roast sea bass we had last night, and when there was no sea bass, he asked about substitutions, to which the internet replied and I filtered down to tilapia or snapper.  We had some tilapia so I didn't think he bought snapper and when I cooked last night, I used the tilapia never seeing the snapper.  Well now I had these lovely snapper fillets and no plan.  A quick pinterest and food and wine search turned up this dish.  It was a happy accident because as you read above my husband really lost his head over this dish! Its a little fussy to make, but still quick and if everyone you serve this to likes it a quarter as much as my husband, you will find yourself drowning in accolades.


Snapper with Spicy Crab and Andouille Sauce

 2 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over (1/4 cup)
2 ounces andouille sausage, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons Louisiana Gold Pepper Sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cups white rice flour or all-purpose flour, for dredging
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
Six 7-ounce red snapper fillets
1/2 cup vegetable oil



Served with Roasted Brussels Sprouts


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce