Fish Piccata

I was not feeling like cooking tonight.  I usually do but I was in a bit of a funk.  I have said it before and I will say it again, I have the best husband ever.  He took over dinner and cooked everything.  The fish recipe is from $10 Dinners on the food network.  I have only tried a few of her recipes, but they have ranged from good to great.  This one was adored by my son.  I liked it too, but I have to say it was a tad too lemony for me.  I would have added a bit more butter at the end or a bit less lemon.  Not that I am complaining. If you ate it with the Bulgar, it cut it's tartness.  It was really good but if I were tyring to nit pick it for fixes, that would be it.  To  go with it, my husband made Bulgar cooked in mushroom broth with some sauteed onion and celery and a lovely salad.  We ate every bit of dinner.  Usually there is a portion of leftovers, not tonight.  I don't know what sides she put with the fish on her show, but with the Bulgar and salad, the meal was easily less than $10. My awesome husband also made 2 batches of evil solidified, Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark.  We are taking it to a party tomorrow night and he just wanted to be great! 

Fish Piccata

2 T  olive oil
4    small white fish fillets (such as tilapia or sole)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c  flour
1/4 c  white wine
2    lemons,juiced
2 T  capers
2 T  butter
2 T  chopped fresh parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. While
the pan is heating, blot the fish dry with paper towels and season with
salt and pepper. Dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess. Saute the
fish in the oil until just cooked through, about 4 minutes, flipping
halfway through. Remove the fish to a platter. Deglaze the pan with the
white wine, whisking for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and capers
and stir. Add the butter and stir or whisk to incorporate to bring the
sauce together. Pour onto the fish and garnish with the chopped parsley.

Salad
All the Fish

Evil, I mean Pretzel Bark;)

Comments

  1. One of the foods I don't normal enjoy are capers. Only in a few dishes will I eat them, and Piccata is one of the few I really enjoy. I've never had a fish Piccata though, sounds yummmmm.

    PS- pretzel bark is AWESOME!! Sweet and Salty together is my fav. combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like capers and love Piccata. I liked the fish even better than the chicken. Pretzel bark is sooo yummy, it must be evil;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce