Asian Ginger Carrot Dressing

Tonight I revisit the dish I thought was so close to perfection but fell slightly short Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream.  I think I must have had a bee in my bonnet that night and was harsher than I needed to be in my summation of the dish as is, but I really do like the changes I made.  I do think the fresh ginger makes a difference.  (at least to me, perhaps not to everyone)  Most importantly is to watch the cooking time.  The original recipe, I believe called for Atlantic Salmon, but I always buy wild salmon and all the Atlantic Salmon in my supermarket is farmed.  When I made it tonight, I used Coho and the fillets were pretty thick.  I updated the original post with the change I made in cooking time.  (bake at for 10 and broil for 2-3)

To have a new recipe for tonight, I made Asian Ginger Carrot dressing.  While everyone liked it, I think the onion I used was way to strong for the dressing.  A mild, sweet onion, just might make this great.  So, if you make the dressing, which really did have a lot of possibility, do not use a pungent red onion like I did.  Try a vidalia or the like.

This was another Pinterest recipe, so I give give you a link to the original blog:)


Asian Ginger Carrot Dressing

shredded carrots
minced onion
minced fresh ginger
small clove garlic
minced celery
peanut oil (or sesame oil)
rice vinegar
water
tomato paste
low sodium soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free)
raw sugar
lemon juice
Salt and fresh ground black pepper

Recipes and directions here.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce