Vegetable Pakoras

So, I have made this dish before and have a post on them.  Why am I making another post about them?  Well to highlight not only how yummy they are, but how versatile they are at cleaning up random produce!  If you follow the link above you will see the original recipe (calling for broccoli and cauliflower), and what produce I put in that batch I made. (red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash among others).  This time I made the recipe below.  I doubled it, and added a bit more veggies.  (of the 4 cups I would have needed, I used 5)  So yummy!  Now I know that deep frying your veggies does kind of defeat the purpose of them, but I got several servings of veggies for this meatless Monday recipe.  (and I am ignoring the several servings of fried food I got;)  We had been on vacation for several days, and I needed to make a dent in all the wonderful veggies I had in my fridge, but hadn't cooked yet.  I had some Kopan Masala (Tibetan Garam Masala) a friend gave me, but it is out now.  You can find a recipe for it online or substitute Garam Masala.



Vegetable Pakoras1 c Flour
1/4 t Baking Powder
2 Eggs
1/2 c Water
1 T Fresh Ginger,Grated
1 T Garlic,Minced
1/4 c Red Onion,Sliced Thin In Semi Circles
1/4 c Cilantro,Finely Chopped
1 t Kopan Masala
1/4 t Chili Powder
1/2 t Salt
1/4 t Black Pepper
2 t Soy Sauce
small squirt of ketchup
2 c  of  Purple Green Beans, Kohlrabi, Red Bell Pepper, Carrots, Scallions & Broccoli Shredded Or Chopped
Oil,For Frying

In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, egg and water until smooth with
a whisk. Add spices, seasoning, ketchup  and red onion. Mix well.
Add the veggies to the batter and coat well. Add heaping tablespoons of
the coated veggies one by one to the fryer. Deep fry on medium to
medium high until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Schnitzel with Dill Cream Sauce

Mollet Eggs Florentine

"Porcupine" Meatballs in Cream Sauce